Re: [OM] IMG: LED Night Light

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: LED Night Light
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 13:56:04 -0800
On 1/11/2012 11:39 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> We, in our 80s, are always fearful of stumbling, particularly at night,
> with our glasses left on the night stand.  Night lights help.  When I
> replaced an old 7 watt incandescent unit, I looked at the new products now
> available.  This LED-illuminated Lucite unit caught my eye.  The light
> streaks up the wall are not only pleasing to the eye, but help with the
> overall illumination.  And the power consumption is miniscule.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/LED+Night+Light.jpg.html

Nice choice, putting it in the bottom socket. That way, the upper one makes a
surprised face. Surprised to be surrounded
by eerie light and looking through  plastic? :-)

I don't think I would like the light, at least with the WB of your shot. I'd
like something warmer. We'll never have
anything like that in the bedroom, though. Carol is sensitive to any light in
the room. She can fall asleep with the
lights on, but if she wakes up with even a little LED on on a piece of
electronics, she can't get back to sleep.

Non Obsessive Moose