Re: [OM] first photo post

Subject: Re: [OM] first photo post
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 11:09:30 -0500
  Sounds like a different fly to me Ken. NY black flies are about 3mm long
and emerge around Memorial Day. Most had died off around late July. Small
fly with a nasty bite. Your fly sounds like what we refer to as a Horse
Fly. About 2 cm long, hang around water and able to fly off with a small
chunk of meat. No repellent that I'm aware.

Charlie