Re: [OM] A Zone-10 Review of the Rogue Grid

Subject: Re: [OM] A Zone-10 Review of the Rogue Grid
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 08:28:52 -0600
> Thanks, Ken, that's interesting.  I have a small FlashBender, but my Metz 44
> has a built-in reflector card; although the card is very small, it works very
> well.

The built-in reflector card has the '80's and '90's look all over it.
All the new photographers used the half-folded index card trick for
years. It just plain works. It throws just enough forward light but
then sends the rest of the light bouncing off the ceiling. It was nice
that Canon, Nikon and Metz eventually decided to build this in. The
dome replaced it for most of these applications. Now with extreme
ISOs, nobody is even bothering with flash.

The full-sized FlashBender is another beast altogether. It is
large-enough to do some really creative things which go beyond the
concept of just bouncing light.

AG