Re: [OM] Advice from T8 ringflash owners needed

Subject: Re: [OM] Advice from T8 ringflash owners needed
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 21:44:34 -0800
On 1/7/2012 8:17 AM, Mark Marr-Lyon wrote:
> The reflector on my T8 doesn't lock since there isn't a notch or
> detent on the reflector, but the spring holds it tightly enough that
> it doesn't rotate during use.

Exactly how it is with mine. You must line up the red dots, as the bayonet
flanges aren't all the same size.
<http://omesif.moosemystic.net/om-sif/flashphotogroup/manuals/t8.pdf>

It turns about 60 deg. when mounted, so there is plenty of bayonet holding it
on, and significant friction from the
spring keeping it from twisting loose on its own.