Re: [OM] Leaked possible Fuji mirrorless offering

Subject: Re: [OM] Leaked possible Fuji mirrorless offering
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 15:55:35 -0500
Understood.  For a few weeks before leaving for Florida for the winter I
had a notion to get a bigger car than my 2006 Buick Lucerne 4-door
sedan.  It had been a bit of a bother in our two round the country trips
as we often had to think carefully how things were to be packed in order
to get it all in.  Looking forward to the trip to Florida I saw the same
scenario coming again but worse... I wanted to bring the big Dell
desktop computer with me and the big CRT so I could work on images over
the winter.  I also wanted to bring a small, surplus but fine working
CRT TV to replace a failing one here.

It didn't take long to realize that I already owned a car that had
nearly the largest trunk in the industry.  If I wanted bigger I'd have
to go to a van or SUV type vehicle... something I swore I'd never do.
After a couple weeks of running around looking at this and that I was
sorely disappointed.  Spending in excess of 30,000 for a used, low
mileage luxury SUV still wouldn't get me a vehicle as quiet, smooth and
powerful as what I already owned.  Most of them were not terribly
comfortable and generally suffered from road and drive train noise.  And
most of them didn't really add much more space over the Buick's trunk
unless you piled the rear cargo area to the ceiling, something I won't do.

But a couple of weeks was enough to realize that $104 would get two
bulky 2x2x2 foot cartons out of the car and shipped to Florida by UPS
who delivered them one day after our arrival as promised.  $104 was a
whole lot cheaper than a new vehicle (especially one I probably would
not have loved).  Only 56,000 (mostly highway) miles on the Buick.  It
has a long way to go and I love the power of the 4.6L V8.

Chuck Norcutt