[OM] Leaked possible Fuji mirrorless offering

Subject: [OM] Leaked possible Fuji mirrorless offering
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 13:49:11 -0500 (EST)
If I read the graphs correct, the 5D mkII is never two stops better then
the 5D, I'd say mostly under 1 stop, in the 3200 region slightly over 1
stop. Actually, I'm quite surprised that in the iso range both cameras
share, the differences are not too big. The 5D mkII has a bigger range
of
ISO values though.

Best, Frank.

Just a quick caveat comparing noise.  I recall  with the  5D classic
the "native" ISO's were 100, 400, 800 ....  The others were
interpolated with ISO 160 for example using 200 and
software adjusted-- with sometimes  worse performance than a higher
"native" ISO.  I  quickly looked  for the link I had posted a few years
ago with no success.  The 5DII perhaps behaves a bit differently.
The better noise at ISO 160 may just reflect better ETTR though. DR at
ISO 50 suffers a bit and it is likely a "fake" ISO too.

Mike

PS I recall Moose always saying that he avoided the intermediate ISO's
and that  is good practice.

http://terragalleria.com/blog/2011/03/22/best-iso-for-low-noise-on-canon-5d-mk2/