[OM] (OM) Re: 1st photo post

Subject: [OM] (OM) Re: 1st photo post
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 21:13:44 +1300
I sent this privately to Don, but since I seem to use different controls than
most  of you, I will copy to this list what I sent to Don. Which is below.

In addition, I use controls that come from WordStar days of the 1980's, and
they are still good in Windows.  I.e.
to move left or right one word at a time, hold down CTRL key with the L
hand and move the L orr R key with your right hand. I do it without thinking.
Also, to select a block of text, hold down the SHIFT key with the L hand and
move the cursor with the L or R UP or DOWN arrow keys.. Work for me.

SHIFT + END or HOME also work.  Without thinking.

My message follows

Perhaps the easiest way to learn copy/cut and paste is to use your mouse
and the left and right mouse keys.

To copy/cut and paste some text,

1) place the mouse cursor at one end of the line of text you want to copy.
2) hold the LEFT mouse button down and move the cursor along the ext
until all the text you want to copy / cut is highlighted.
3) place the mouse cursor over some portion of the highlighted text and
press the RIGHT mouse button.
4) this should cause a drop down menu to show, and you select an option
using the LEFT mouse button..
5) you have now placed that section of text into memory, and can decide to
do something with it, or nothing. If you want to paste it ..
6) move your mouse cursor to the point where you wish to insert the saved
text.
7) press the RIGHT mouse button, and with the LEFT mouse button, chose
the PASTE action from the drop-down menu.

OR, once you have highlighted some text, you can make the same actions
from the page EDIT drop-down menu at the top of most windows pages.

Some. modern browsers no longer have a menu at the top, and you then
need to do the mouse button tricks anywhere outside an image in the page
text.

Hope that helps

Cheers to all. ( I get the Digest only, so sometimes I'm more behind than
you might think :-) )

Brian Swale.