[OM] Olympus EP1

Subject: [OM] Olympus EP1
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 17:06:45 +0000 (GMT)
Bought the better half a "new' camera for christmas as one of out daughters had
liberated her  Canon compact to take photos of grandchildren.
A demonstrator Olympus EP1 was on offer at a VERY good price (plus a "staff
discount' as I spend so much of my money there!)
Hilary is very pleased with the camera, says that the controls are much easier
to use than on her Canon. Does not find it too bulky (my main worry) and is
pleased with the quality of the results.
 I have not yet told her that it will accept my Panasonic 14-45mm lens or my
Panasonic 20mm, and also my Voigtlander and Leica "M" lenses......must tread
carefully there!
Only downside is that it has no integral flash. When using a FL 20 flash to
shoot pictures of the Mad Munchkins( Grandchildren) to results tend to be
variable. When face detect cuts in shots are well exposed.
 Side on when face detect fails the shots are overexposed as the flash tries to
illuminate for the background. I am waiting for a FL14 to arrive, I hope that
this will help with indoor shots as it is difficult to freeze action
with energetic youngsters...likened to trying to herd cats!!
Any advice gratefully received.

Regards
John Duggan,
Wales, UK