[OM] Advice from Zuiko f5/50-250 zoom owners

Subject: [OM] Advice from Zuiko f5/50-250 zoom owners
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 23:10:17 -0500 (EST)
>I need the advice of the Zuiko F5/50-250 zoom owners:
>Since I am new to this lens, I noticed that when attaching it to the
>camera body in the 50 mm focal length position it visually stops down
>the aperture slightly.

Just checked mine. It is constructed in a similar fashion as the Zuiko
135 macro-that is more well known to stop down a tad
even at F4.5 as it is F4 when mounted. I was confused by the wording.
If mounted on OM the Zuiko f5 50-25 must be faster than F5
but only stops down more on OM when the aperture is triggered even at
F5. Things are more complicated however as it is a constant aperture
zoom vs fixed FL  The physical size of the aperture also changes some
while zooming of course to result in F5 at the various FL's. Not sure
how unusual the extra stop down with aperture triggering at "wide open"
setting really is on such zooms. If the Z. zoom is mounted on OM5DII
with adapter and stop down pin it will of course be F5 wide open and
the Slightly brighter VF will be lost and the narrower depth of focus.
I bet the Z. 135 is very  unusal in design in that regard.
..

Mike