Re: [OM] Lummox G2 or G3

Subject: Re: [OM] Lummox G2 or G3
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 16:12:24 -0600
On Sat, Dec 17, 2011, at 03:21 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> Finally, the larger sensor. It's not much
> larger, but is enough to make a difference for me. It's worth an entire
> step in focal lengths.

Explain please.  You must be talking about focal lengths of lenses you
would use via adapters?

> Oh, and most importantly--the electronic first
> curtain. Essentially zero latency. The 5n has this and my experience with
> it is eye-opening. That electronic first curtain also makes the camera
> MUCH
> quieter.

You've come a long way from the OM-2S, my friend. ;)

> One thing is for certain. I won't be buying any cameras with only 12MP
> nor
> cameras that require external viewfinders.

The MP is not a problem for me.

The C8080 helped me to an appreciation of an onboard EVF.  Lummox FZ20,
which I still use, has this and the sweetest little LV focusing aid in
manual-focus mode (if it just had more pixels -- the EVF I mean).  Both
have live histogram as well.  A contemporary camera with features like
that would bring me full-circle in terms of my entire experience in
digital photography.  It's exciting.

But I'm still actually quite happy with E-3 and 410.  I'd kind of like
to find a good 400 before I quit SLRs.  And a couple killer DZs.  And an
E-5.  Oh cr*p.  There it goes.

Joel W.

                          or over the web