[OM] New camera with built-in cellphone

Subject: [OM] New camera with built-in cellphone
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 00:03:27 -0600
It turns out there are apps that let the android phone recognize external
storage devices connected to the USB port. So, it looks like this mountain
has already been climbed. I'll wait till after Ice Cream Sandwich is
released and the new apps solidified before I venture down that dark ally,
though.

I'm finding out just how restrictive Apple is. Nearly everything I suffer
with IOS is addressed in Android. The whole Android experience needs a
little more maturing, but I think it will be highly doubtful that I will
ever get another IOS device. The onscreen keyboard (especially with swype)
completely blows away Apple's. No contest. Game over. There is a reason why
Siri is such an important addition to the iPhone.

All the voice to text functionality of this thing also rocks. And unlike
Siri, it works in almost everything.

I checked out the new iPhone 4S and carefully considered it. I'm sure I
would have been quite happy with it too, but now that I've experienced the
dark side, I feel like mom (Apple) has been feeding me too much spinach for
dinner.

Granted, this a Google phone, so you would expect an excellent tie in with
Google applications, and you would not be disappointed. Google's ecosystem
is getting more and more integrated and the phone seems to be smack dab
into the middle of it.

So far, this particular transaction, renewal and purchase from Sprint has
gone pretty well. Not perfect, but better than any time in the past.

Ag