Re: [OM] The film from the Leica will be developed

Subject: Re: [OM] The film from the Leica will be developed
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 09:16:45 -0500 (EST)
Chuck,
Have you asked the film shop guy if he's experienced, and/or confident he
will be able to develop the 20 year old film successfully?  He does sound
like he's someone who's up to the task.

If you have any doubt, you can contact  Gene M over at photo.net who  has
been doing the "found film" series for a few years and develops all sorts of
old films, some have been 50 years old. It's been a fascinating (to  me)
series over there.

George

Chuck wrote:

The film from the Leica will be developed on Tuesday or Wednesday at the
latest.  I discovered a small film processing and print shop a few  miles
away that I was previously unaware of.  He also has some large  Epson
printers (3-4 feet wide) for making prints and also sells some
photographic accessories.  The proprietor says he's been there for two
years.  He also has some ties to a once well known camera shop in the
area (1950s-1970s) which had shrunk to nothing and closed its doors
about that same time.  Anyhow he batches his film and develops usually
two days/week.