Re: [OM] What have I done?? (F)

Subject: Re: [OM] What have I done?? (F)
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 14:35:30 +0000
Indeed, usually focus screens are a tradeoff of brightness vs. steepness of
parabola of focus. The brighter they are, the less snap they have. The
dimmer screens often have a steeper parabola of focus = more snap.

As long as you are using fast(ish) lenses, the dimmer screens are easier to
use for manual focus. In the world of 1-series EOS, this usually means
replacing the stock EC-IV screen with the EC-S.  EC-S is dimmer, but has
more snap. As long as lens is faster than f/5.6, it's not a big deal as far
as manual focusing.