[OM] (OM) Everthing's just roses :-)

Subject: [OM] (OM) Everthing's just roses :-)
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:07:34 +1300
I haven't uploaded many photos anywhere much these days although I have
taken a few shots.

Here's one I posted in my facebook albums; some of you have seen it
already.
Rose "Peace" bred by Francis Meilland (France) some time before 1939.
This is the first bloom this year on this plant in our garden. (There are many
others that bloomed before it so far)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2536286039622&l=6bac75f3d0

I seem to have augmented the saturation a little too much. In real life the
yellow is not quite so luminous.

On another note, two days ago my partner and I met by accident in
Alexandra ( we had gone there on separate missions - her main one was to
have her hair done), I was wandering without special thought past the hair
salon and she just happened to walk onto the footpath. So she said - "come
with me to the Warehouse (shop) I have to get (something)" and I agreed.
Two shops on the way was a jewellery shop, and she said "Let's go in there
and look at engagement rings".      Oops.
So, in we went, and half an hour later we had gone halves on a down
payment on a ring.

Yesterday I invited her to come with me to a local fine restaurant for lunch.
it
was a fine day like you wouldn't believe.  I was rash enough to propose to
her, and she was rash enough to accept !

I should have had my camera there, as the food was delightful and looked
good.

Locally, it is not to be public knowledge until Saturday 26th, when I am
running a ( was to be surprise) party at home for her 70th birthday.
However, the cover on that has been broken due one invitee in particular not
keeping her mouth shut :-(
Oh well !   Them's the breaks.

It wasn't until about a week ago that I was going to run the party as she has
had a lot of bad health and wouldn't have been up to it.

Seems to be a lot of it about these days .

Epidemiologsts should have a field day.

Brian Swale.