Re: [OM] Olympus' future truly looks bleak after latest revelations...

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus' future truly looks bleak after latest revelations...
From: John Lind <j-a-lind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 10:49:52 -0500
I've seen some similar types of accounting findings in my dark past. Those are
foghorns to anyone in the securities and corporate accounting world albeit
they're not a flashing neon sign to the average Joe. Should have gotten the
attention of investment analysts who would also know they're red flags about
financial irregularities. An accounting firm stating much more than that -
provided they've not knowingly aided a coverup materially and done all
reporting that's legally required - would not bode well for future business
from any company requiring an audit. Understand that the company being audited
hires the auditors and no firm wants its dirty laundry publicly aired out. It's
up to the audited company to 'fess up to all the details of any irregularities
found in the audit.

Sent from my iPhone