Re: [OM] Need new camera? G3 or ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Need new camera? G3 or ?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 10:18:43 +0000
Wayne

I understand your feeling the need for a smaller camera.  I bought my
Pentacchio K-5 for that reason: compact, reasonably discreet, good lenses,
built-in IS, sealed and full of features.  I bought a secondhand K-r as a
backup, but I rather regret it owing to the latter's slow operation.  The K-5
is pretty blimmin' good, especially with its high-ISO performance.

I really like the Panny bodies and the G3 feels very good.  But the lack of IS
is a pain, and the lenses are pretty large (except for the 14 and 20).
Consequently I used the Panny 20 on a E-PL2 body along with the small Oly
14-42.  Also in the Panny body's favour is the better control layout.  I really
disliked the tiny control wheel on the E-PL2.

Have fun with your choice.

Chris