Re: [OM] The joys of Flash repairs.

Subject: Re: [OM] The joys of Flash repairs.
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:40:47 -0500
> Best reason to get every manual you need in PDF form if you can.  The
> Minolta A1 manual, in particular, is information rich but index poor.  A
> searchable PDF solves the problem.

Agreed! The index is horrid. But the manual is excellent. Among the
best camera manuals I've ever seen. Frankly, I learned more about
digital photography rereading the manual a couple years later. Of
course, as feature-rich as the A1 is, you need a good manual. Combined
with the manual, the A1 makes a great teacher.

I have ReaddleDocs loaded on my iPad. Along with that are dozens of
technical manuals for fiber terminal and transport equipment. I was
able to eliminate about 20 linear feet of manuals. Unfortunately, the
iThingies don't support JPEG2000 files. I didn't discover till later
than numerous manuals have images imbedded in JPEG2000 form.

AG