Re: [OM] IMG: The Barber Shop

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Barber Shop
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:01:18 +0200
Hi Ken and all,

From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Ponytail.

LOL. Or an even longer ponytail here... Yours truly is first from left, took
this summer: <
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zuiko21/5958232586/in/set-72157627241075326> --
in the shadow, as always.

>Growing my hair out is the answer to this question. But every couple
>months I do get a trim at a stylist.

Unfortunately, the tip of my hair breaks frequently, sort of an auto-trim
:-) It seems I have reached my genetically coded maximum hair length...
Sometimes, I do some straightening, but usually prefer the 'natural' look.

>Barbershops? Haven't been in one since around 1991 when the guy took a
>chunk out of scalp and said "oops".

Eeek! So sorry about that... my last haircut (so to speak) was on December
2003.

>I don't know what it is, but I've NEVER EVER liked getting my hair
>cut.

As a child, I remember that as an *awful* experience, mainly because of the
head wash on _that_ torture device... soon I decided to go to the barber
with my head washed by myself just before ;-)

Maybe that's the atavic reason for my long hair nowadays :-) but seriously,
I've never been too keen on short hair, except for a couple of silly times
(circa 18yo) and of course during Military Service -- compulsory in Spain
back then :-( But again, I did got my hair properly cut _outside_ the
barracks. Here's an old pic (circa 1974), left to right: Yours truly around
4yo, Sis, Bro and Mum -- Dad behind the camera, I presume.

<http://cjss.sytes.net/atachaos/mat/9.jpeg>

Oh, that seventies... ;-)

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)