Re: [OM] Overextending your reach

Subject: Re: [OM] Overextending your reach
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 15:47:07 -0700

> > Found a no-name 2X extender buried in a drawer and gave it a try on the
> > E-1.
> >
> > Interesting, but certainly no cigar.
>
> I have a similar one for M42 lenses, and get about the same results.  The
> size goes up, but the quality goes down :~(

    I have a 7-element Soligor 2X that I've used for over 30 years and
haven't had any problems with it.  Before that I had a 3-element Sigma and
it was lousy.  It was converted into an extension tube after I got the
Soligor by removing the lens group.

    I also have a Vivitar macro-focusing 2X.  It's a bit on the exotic side,
and I get the same good results with it as I do with the Soligor.

Chris