Re: [OM] Kaputt filter, saved camera

Subject: Re: [OM] Kaputt filter, saved camera
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 08:50:21 -0400
I assume this is a plain screw in filter.  As long as filter is
out-of-round it will be difficult to unscrew.  Put scotch tape all over
the glass part of the filter to keep broken glass together.  Using a
1/2" diameter dowel, put end of dowel on dented area and rap gently with
a small hammer to push dented area back out.  It is possible filter will
unscrew now.

If not,  I would break glass the rest of the way and remove it while
holding it face down over a garbage can.  Then cut exposed edge of
filter (in the middle of the dent) with wire cutters, grab filter ring
next to the cut and twist it in on itself.  Do from other side of cut
and it should make filter ring pop off.

John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com