[OM] OT: Diet & Heart attacks

Subject: [OM] OT: Diet & Heart attacks
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 15:13:33 -0500
Could it be that fighter jockeys typically set the trim so the stick
requires constant pressure to maintain attitude? When flying in formation
this reduces unintended motion. By using the stick to position the airplane
in formation, the throttle is used to adjust speed. I thought that as an
airplane joins the formation, the lead plane will pitch down a touch. Or is
that only when a plane approaches from the rear?

Can't say I've ever seen C130 Peterbuilts flying in formation. I've seen
them practice extreme short field ops where they have the landing gear do
the zigzag routine. The props were reversed before the airplane ever touched
the ground. Insane. Those guys that practiced in Muskegon did things that
the airshow guys never dreamed of. I saw one land crosswise on the runway
and have it stopped before hitting the grass.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx