Re: [OM] Not an iPhone, but a Sammy

Subject: Re: [OM] Not an iPhone, but a Sammy
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 21:29:51 -0400
I was reading an article about that a few days ago.  The writer's
contention was that cell phone shots are way more than good enough for
most people because most people never make anything larger than a web
image.  He also went on to say that it bodes ill for the conventional
camera manufacturers who will no longer be selling all those P&S and
larger cameras.  But it also bodes well for the professional
photographer who may now be the only one at the wedding with high
resolution gear capable of dealing with low light and larger prints and
enough flash gear to light the reception hall.  In a few years he may no
longer have to envy the gear carried by the guests.  :-)

Someone recently said about a conventional camera (maybe even on this
list): "What good is it?  You can't even make a phone call with it."

Chuck Norcutt