Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 8/9/2011: colours in Brussels

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 8/9/2011: colours in Brussels
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 21:29:57 -0700
On 9/10/2011 4:44 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> But Morgans do have wooden frame rails and might be subject to attack by
> wood eating organisms.

So do much more recent Corvettes, 1997 to present I believe.

"The C5 Corvette's floor is constructed using two layers of an aircraft type
composite material wrapped around a balsa
wood core. The balsa wood helps filter out noise and vibration, and makes the
floor 10 times stiffer than the use of
composites alone. Numerous "high tech" synthetic fillers were tried, but none
matched the stiffness, light weight and
damping performance of natural balsa wood. "

But what's the point if they aren't "Bug"attis? My punny post was in response
to a pic of old Bugattis.

I don't give a hang about car frames, only the pun. And you literalists have
ruined it, 'cause any pun you have to
explain is dead. ;-)

Moose