[OM] IMG: Friday Flower with Visitor

Subject: [OM] IMG: Friday Flower with Visitor
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 18:37:21 -0400 (EDT)
Yes, Nothing wrong with Jim's color balance.
I thought he might enjoy a revisit to the 'pillars of the species he so
nicely   captured in that image

The BlackSwallowtail  "pilar
shot was in deep shade with blue sky with a grey rock in background
that took on a bluish tone.
The Ektar exagerates the effect but the current image is a result of
already  pulling down the blue channel
in curves a tad in the midtone area.  Perhaps I had too  light a touch
but it isn't a mile off what I remember.  I don't think a scanner
profile would necessarily make it a neutral color rendition but would
have obviated the Ektar exageration.
 Jean the owner/manager at my previous lab
would fix the prints if I shot a target and /or I was not happy, redo
them on the spot.   She had a very nice eye and skillful hand at that.
Alas after 17 years she closed up shop last weekend.  Marnie had gone
to pick up some stuff and Jean was quite tearful prompting Marnie to
give her a big hug.  I have since spoken to her.

In Blue Mode, Mike

I was referring to Mike's shot, not yours. Since that was posted before
maybe my prior comment was about the same shot.

Chuck Norcutt