Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 6/9/2011: working man

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 6/9/2011: working man
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 01:51:05 -0700
On 9/7/2011 6:20 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> Yesterday I was passing a guy working on the remodeling project in our office
> and snapped this image. The colours were truly horrible, so this was an
> obvious candidate for conversion to B&W. I am not sure why I like this
> picture, but I find it strangely compelling:
>
> http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#1467487723_hbz668c-O-LB

I think the strength and appeal, which I feel as well, is in the strong lines.

Although it might be something some people might crop out, the strong vertical
on the right provides a great anchor and
counterpoint to the diagonals. The natural arc of the chain, right in the
middle of the straight lines, may also be a
factor.

I'd have burned in the heels, to tone them down.

Interesting ladder construction, mortise and tenon with power driven staples to
keep the joint together. I've never seen
anything like it in the US.

Moose