Re: [OM] HDR? [continues: IMG: Yin-Yang Love]

Subject: Re: [OM] HDR? [continues: IMG: Yin-Yang Love]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 22:14:38 -0700
On 9/7/2011 7:01 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
>   >  It is indeed lush. That coast has a very wide range of topography and
> biological communities...
>
> I grew up along the Lake Michigan coastline. It is a similar situation there
> with the biodiversity just a dune away. Granted, maybe not as much
> biodiversity as the northern California coast, but still pretty impressive.

The more I travel, and the more to lesser known places, the more I come to
believe there is great natural beauty pretty
much everywhere not covered with cities, and even quite a bit in some of those
places.

No dunes where we were, but then your shore didn't have mountains or huge
trees. (I say mountains advisedly. We don't
call them that, but most of the country east of the Rockies would.)

> When it comes to bugs, the open dunes are home to the black flies, but the
> forests are home to the mosquitos.

You may not believe it, but there were only a very few mosquitoes in the bog
and even fewer in our campsite. I think the
ratio of beauty to bugs in coastal Nor-Cal may be the highest in the world.

Bug Free Moose