Re: [OM] (OM) Off topic

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Off topic
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 18:08:21 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 9/5/2011 4:55:51 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
olymoose@xxxxxxxxx writes:

On  9/4/2011 10:29 PM, NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Going to graduate school  working on an MFA.

Didn't end up in Maine, eh? I could have looked you  up next month.

> Plan to finish a couple months shy of my 70th  birthday and then start
looking for a job teaching one class
> per  semester as an adjunct professor.

Sounds too much like work to me, but  just right for you. I think you'll
make a great teacher, with students lucky  to
have you.

Moose
--

I was accepted in the program in Maine and just aas that occurred two of
the instructors I had wanted to study with left the program which was a game

Doors close, doors open.

I was aware of a program at Texas A&M Corpus Christi, which would  require
me to be in residence and take about 3 years to complete.  It also  would
put me in an environment where I would be establishing valuable contacts
within the Texas college & university community. Three or four nights a  week
in
Corpus and the balance at home.  Eight to ten weeks off each  year.  A
possibility of teaching while I'm there. That seemed like a  workable deal. I
made application and was accepted.

Thank you for your kind words.  I've taught a leisure learning type of
beginning photography, which really was enjoyable.  I look forward to  teaching
in the future.

Bill Barber