Re: [OM] IMG: Rain Bands from Hurricane Lee Arrive

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Rain Bands from Hurricane Lee Arrive
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 12:07:13 -0700

> >    Looks like you're enjoying the Takumar 135/3.5.
> >

> Yes, I am, Chris.  Wish I had tried it sooner.

    Well, this is certainly a strange coincidence.  I'm going over what I
have and do not have in the way of lens hoods, and discovered that the ones
I like the most are made by Takumar for the 135/2.5 and 200/4.0 lenses.  I
have a pair of these that I picked up at a local camera shop for $3 each.
They have a 58mm thread, and I really wish I could find lens hoods like this
in other sizes.  These are nice and long, just right for telephoto lenses,
and the far end fits 72mm lens caps.  That makes them large enough on the
inside that I can store them upside down in the bottom of the lens case.

Chris