Re: [OM] (OT) Fungun Amongus

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Fungun Amongus
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 23:24:28 +1200
Bob wrote

> As mentioned before, some fungus encountered about a half mile from my
> home along Route 32 in Round Pond.
>
> First picture in the gallery: Untitled
>
> http://www.bobwhitmire.com/found.html

There's a slight possibility I can help with ID Bob, (but I don't know what I
have done with my two prize mushroom field-books).

I make the guess that you took that shot with afternoon golden sun shining
directly on the fungus "shelves". Correct? If so, the altered colour does not
assist with ID.

If you are over that way again, is there any possibility you could carefully
detach just one "shelf", and in natural white light with a slight sideways
component to show surface relief, photograph both the upper and lower
surfaces, in plan view, so to speak?

Brian (botanist) Swale.