Re: [OM] Fuji X10

Subject: Re: [OM] Fuji X10
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 21:22:52 -0700
On 9/2/2011 6:20 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> I'm looking at this thing and going "huh?" It's a nice looking camera, but
> I'm not sure it really brings anything new to the table.

The initial noise on forums is about style and un-thought out projection of the
thing that will save me.

The TOPmeister even called it a G12-killer. This was my TOP comment"

"Looks like a nice camera. As an old F10 & F30 fan, I'm pleased that Fuji is
getting into the high end of compact cameras

"G12 killer"? Well, not for someone like me.

No articulated screen - no sale.

The protruding lens, even collapsed, compromises belt/pocket carry.

While others will value the speed at the long end, I prefer a longer tele.

Chacun à son goût"

Still, it may bring something to the table. The sensor IS bigger than the other
high end compacts. And Fuji has done
some better than the rest stuff with their unique sensor design. So maybe, just
maybe, it will up the ante in the pro-am
compact race.

If it is mechanical or very well implemented 'by-wire', the zoom rings may some
folks.

Moose