[OM] OM diopter adjustment [was The Elusive Buckeye]

Subject: [OM] OM diopter adjustment [was The Elusive Buckeye]
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 18:36:43 -0400 (EDT)
If I recall correctly, the OM 1s and 2s had a +.5 diopter correction
built
in and you needed to take that into account when buying dioptic
correction
lens. Bill Barber

http://omesif.moosemystic.net/om-sif/findergroup/eyecup2.htm

Seems to imply the final diopter correction with the body is engraved
in the eyecup---thus OM body is -2. No?

Bought two NIB like eyecups from Bill perhaps 5 yrs ago--one me , one
for CFO--still in use.

Wish there were a way to have astig correction in both portrait and
landscape orientation w/o changing custom eyecup.
Surprised there is no market for that. It is easy to get perfect custom
prescription snorkeling goggles for example.
It would require an innovative design, but doesn't seem insurmountable.

Mike