Re: [OM] IMG: The Elusive Buckeye

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Elusive Buckeye
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 17:59:14 -0400
They exist but are hard to find
Eyecup 1
<http://olympus.dementix.org/eSIF/om-sif/findergroup/eyecup1.htm>
Eyecup 2
<http://olympus.dementix.org/eSIF/om-sif/findergroup/eyecup2.htm>

There are also generic, teardrop shaped eyecups which I think work
better than the OEM versions.  They take the same circular dioptric
correction lenses used in the Eyecup1.  They are approx. 19.2mm diameter
which I think is a clearance size for a 20mm diameter hole.

I think you'll find that many cameras of the early 70s also used the
same size correction lenses.  Strength needs to be determined in
conjunction with the lens already in the pentaprism.

I think it's best to get an OM-3 or OM-4 with built-in correction.

Chuck Norcutt