[OM] (OM) Image loss on Hard Drive

Subject: [OM] (OM) Image loss on Hard Drive
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 13:05:15 +1200
Just to report something I have been suspecting for some time; now it is
confirmed.

Whole sets of my digital images are just vanishing from my hard drive.

I am in the process of entering 3 images in a competition, and I wanted the
originals to work on to make sure they were the best I could provide.

I had copies of one in a "favourites" directory as well as in my usual logical
folder.

What I do for each camera is to create a directory for it alone which has
sub-directories labelled D-1, D-2 etc. Each SD card-full gets placed in its
directory, then the next goes into the sequential next - and so on. So this
way I can manually search by date as well as by the number issued by the
camera.

Several classic shots of autumn deciduous forest scenes have totally gone. I
noticed a while ago that I could also not find the shots taken of me skiing a
couple of year back, and wondered what I had done.

Sometimes I notice there's activity on the hard drive that I cannot account
for - was this it?

I need to find a way around this. Suggestions welcome.
I do not have backup; time I did.

I wonder what else is being deleted from right under my nose?

I'm running XP.

(A totally upset) Brian Swale.