Re: [OM] IMG: Small Yellowish Green Insect

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Small Yellowish Green Insect
From: WayneS <olympus@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 18:54:51 -0400
At 8/18/2011 12:39 PM, you wrote:
>This small winged insect, less than 1 cm in length, was seen to land on a Rose
>of Sharon bud.  The eyes are very distinctive, but, after a half hour of
>looking at insect images, I could not identify it.  It blends in quite well
>with plant foliage.
>
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Insect47.jpg.html
>
>Oly E-1 with Leica Elmarit-R 60mm Macro
>
>Comments and critiques welcomed.

Not a fan of borders with online shots.... but, the image is great. The
luminescent quality of the insect is very inviting. I'm assuming something in
the foreground is creating the slight blurry green, but the downward direction
and the sharply focused insect makes it work well. Combination of sharp, other
worldly, and dreamy creates a nice dynamic.

Wayne