Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT - Climate Change (Andrew Fildes)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT - Climate Change (Andrew Fildes)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 19:53:53 -0400
Sorry, no, I did not venture beyond the paywall.  You are correct that
Kiribati and Tuvalu are not mentioned in the abstract.  However, TV New
Zealand covered this piece
<http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/nz-research-shows-pacific-islands-not-shrinking-3577883>

and reports specific data for Tuvalu and Kiribati.  I have also read
other reports which discuss some of the detail in the full paper.  Most
of the islands of Tuvalu have small increases in size.  The three main
urbanized islands of Kiribati have had significant size increases
ranging from 12.5 to 30 percent.

 From the abstract it should be apparent that tectonic activity is not
seen as the cause.

Chuck Norcutt