Re: [OM] IMG: Butterfly on Cosmos

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Butterfly on Cosmos
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 09:41:59 -0500
Good Morning, Dean,

I appreciate the ID and all of the helpfull advice.  I pondered the position
of the stems, myself, and tried to recall exactly how the shot came about.
These flowers have very long, thin stems.  The weight of a large bumble bee
will deflect the flower by almost a foot.  I did not conciously tilt the
camera, and did not rotate the image at all.  I suspect that the stems were
just at an angle from the way they grow, possible affected by the wind over
time.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA