Re: [OM] OT amazing 3D printing

Subject: Re: [OM] OT amazing 3D printing
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 07:38:48 -0500
On 7/29/11 07:24 : , Rand E wrote:
> Krypton beams ??
>    That technology has been in use for several years in industry - For
> solid forms !!  (albeit with a somewhat larger device).
> The moving parts, I don't believe it either.
> Rand E

I agree.  I've seen several varities of 3-D prototyping in action, from
matrixed lasers through a tank of acrylic resin to stereolithography to
the powder thing shown here and an inkjet that laid down layers of resin.

But those were all solid parts.  The thing where it magically creates a
functional screw drive inside a wrench?  I don't buy that.  And all of
the pieces I've seen were all the same color.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"The nachos are still good." - Jim Peterik

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard