Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Visitor

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Visitor
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 14:01:51 -0700
On 7/26/2011 11:18 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> I made a stop at the local airport this morning and found a visitor to be the
> center of attention.  This new air ambulance is enroute from the manufacturer
> to its home in Boise, ID, and made a fueling stop.  The local crew of the
> Vanderbilt Hospital medevac station had to look it over.
>
> I even include a senorita at work.
>
> . . .
> The last image includes the main rotor hub, and, just above the windshield
> centerpost, a cable cutter.
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Rotor+Hub+and+Cable+Cutter.jpg.html

Nice, clean images.

I didn't know about heli cable cutters, but they certainly make sense. Those
poor wires are so vulnerable. We had a 2
hour+ outage Sunday afternoon:

"The loss of service was an outage that left 5,800 Berkeley customers without
electricity around 5 p.m. Sunday, which
was caused after Mylar balloons became tangled in power lines . . ."

Came back on shortly after 7pm, which meant the satellite DVR missed the first
part of a couple of TV shows. Both were
on cable channels that repeat endlessly, so I just deleted them and they will
be picked up within a day or two.

Moose