Re: [OM] theoretical apple trojan.

Subject: Re: [OM] theoretical apple trojan.
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 13:58:33 +0000
I still disagree. The (i)OS is only updated when you manually update it.
They can't remotely force anything. Simply disconnect the machine from the
network and it's never going to be possible to force an update on it
regardless if there was any sort of "trojan".

Additionally, the iOS has been decompiled extensively, in the jailbreak
effort. If there was something suspicious there, people would have found it
by now. The OS is based on unix, so it's less proprietary than most other
OSes.

I trust Apple a lot more than any other operating system manufacturer, to
not do evil things. That includes google.

FWIW
-Ed