[OM] IMG: Pop Soda Fire

Subject: [OM] IMG: Pop Soda Fire
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 10:09:36 +0200
I published a new work in my gallery that I'd like to share with you
lot:

---------------------------------
> http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/205/3/5/pop_soda_fire_by_philosomatographer-d41gr8p.jpg

> (Printed in the darkroom on 12x16in paper, Kodak TMY2-400, Olympus
> OM-3Ti, Zuiko 35mm f/2.0)

During a drive down to the coast (to visit my parents) with my wife,
we stopped at a very small, derelict town (close to Richmond, Western
Cape, ZA) to refuel. The scene next to the petrol garage was one of
broken dreams of many years ago. Being without a roof, the window
offered a view straight into the heart of a well-lit emptiness - the
emptiness appearing even larger than the business that once operated
here.
---------------------------------

** Why share it here? Well, other than the fact that it was made with
an Olympus OM, it is also the first work that I have published made
with the Zuiko 35mm f/2.0! I specifically printed this one rather
large for 35mm film (12x16in) to evaluate the lens performance, and by
golly, it's swell! I don't know why this lens gets such a bad rap (or
I have a really good copy), the print displays very pleasing qualities
to my eyes, it stands up to closer scrutiny than what it would ever
receive as a framed print.

People really should stop measurebating and just use these beauties.
If it looks good in a print, it *is* good. My 35/2 is the smoothest,
best-condition Zuiko that I have: it's a joy to use, and absolutely
like new (I am pleased that I finally broke down and got one, been
wanting to for a year). And for once, I posted an OM image with no
bokeh. Zero. Nada. Zip. Moose will have to find something else to
criticise :-)

Hope you all are having a great week-end,
Dawid Loubser