[OM] Friday FS - Anybody want to try rangefinders?

Subject: [OM] Friday FS - Anybody want to try rangefinders?
From: "Rick Beckrich" <ribec@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 19:37:58 +0000
Two good users here:

Ever thought of trying a Contax? Here's the next best thing. Henig described
this as, "Not a Russian Contax copy, but a Contax made in Russia." (OK -the
Ukraine, as we know it today.)

 *1959 KIEV* 4a with the Jupiter-8M 2/50 lens, all in good working condition
with a very Contax-looking Chrome trimmed leather case.

Body serial # 591775 and lens is #7560569.
 Lens has a generic Ukrainian metal cap.

 There is some paint loss on the rear and I had rubber cemented
 an "O" ring around the viewfinder window to protect my eyeglasses.
 VF/RF is bright, clear and contrasty.
 The covering shows the traditional Zeiss bumps.

 The brown leather case shows mild wear, and loose stitching on the bottom, but
is not rotted or dried out.

How about a nice compact old school Leica bottom loader? An original will cost
you a small fortune, and then you have to buy the lens.

 Here's your opportunity to try the historic system for an easy entry fee:

The  *ZORKI* 1e, the Barnack Leica II clone, works perfectly.

 There are no dings, or dents, and none of the usual heavy scratch lines on the
cylinder of the collapsible I-22 . Covering is excellent, but there are a few
minor chips in the black enamel trim.

Viewfinder is bright and rangefinder has excellent contrast.

 Comes with an original black plastic Zorki lens cap.

Serial # of the body is 56020397 and the lens is 6006803.

It has a tired and poorly re-stitched leather case,
 with bad straps, that has protected it well.

 Other than the case, it looks like an almost new Leica II.

And of course, both cameras have rewind spools.

Can't decide which to buy? I will ship both cameras - insured with tracking -
anywhere in the CONUS by Priority Mail on receipt of a
USPS Money Order in the amount of $125.00.

 Or if you have decided, either one for $75.00.

Rick