Re: [OM] more ranting rebuttal.

Subject: Re: [OM] more ranting rebuttal.
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 14:03:42 +0000
> As to alternatives? I find it interesting that the other tablet/pad
> manufacturers have been able to figure out how to stick a built-in USB
> port on their devices.

Which lack the form-factor of the iPad.

> literally can't build the stuff any faster. But just as almost every
> Prius owner has an alternative larger vehicle, every iPad owner has a
> computer.

Indeed. Though I find myself using my macbook pro less than I did before I
had an iPad2.

Prius = many of it's own issues....  The unsustainability of being such a
neodymium  and other rare-earths hog is just one reason not to buy one (or
any hybrid), from my point of view...   Besides, I easily get 40+mpg now in
my integra-powered CRX Si so when I want to save on mileage, it serves the
need.

> In fact, you can't even USE the iPad without a host computer. It's a brick.

That changes in iOS 5. And it's not a brick, it just wont' have anywhere to
sync to in iOS 4 w/o a computer. IOS 5 = syncing to the cloud.

> And speaking of bricks, the user-agreement for the iPad is very nasty.
> The upshot is that Apple can turn your iPad into a brick for any
> reason at any time without any user recourse.

Please. As if.  Not even possible, if they wanted to.

> They can even deactive paid apps at
> their will.

The most they can do is take an app out of the store so you can't buy it
anymore. They can't take it off the iPad.  How would they? Think about it.

-Ed