Re: [OM] Another visual conundrum 3

Subject: Re: [OM] Another visual conundrum 3
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:55:42 -0700
On 7/13/2011 8:52 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> OK, here goes:

Seems like that's it for guesses about this one.

> A bokeh of fake yellow flowers submerged in a stagnent pond at a cemetary.
> The mottled sunlight, shining on the surface is casting light columns into
> the water due to the thick suspended organic particulate. The reflection
> stuff on the surface is just some form of pond scum.

Very close! It's actually a wide spot in a flowing stream (no 'skeeters) under
heavy foliage through which shafts of
sunlight hit the water. The water is shallow and, as you say, full of 'stuff'
that reflects the light, defining the
shafts as they pass through. No cemetery involved.

I think the bottom is just the usual organic muck, but turned golden in the
light. There were lots of good photo ops on
this little hike, but when I saw this, I know it was the 'money' subject for
the day. I took several shots, which took a
bit of time, as it required a tripod. I got some with better angles, but, as so
often is the case, this first one had
the best light, with the multiple small shafts.

Here's the full frame, before cropping and cloning out the leaves at bottom.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Sonoma_Mendocino_Coast/Salal_Trail%2C_Sea%20Ranch&image=_MG_2435ia60.jpg>

And a later, different angle.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Sonoma_Mendocino_Coast/Salal_Trail%2C_Sea%20Ranch&image=_MG_2442.jpg>

> What do I win?

Forgiveness for your silly answers on the previous conundra. :-)

> AG (slapping the skeeters now) Schnozz

No 'Skeeters on This Moose