Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Hummer

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Hummer
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:45:17 -0500
> It would be nice if life were so simple.  I've concluded that I will have to
> increase DOF before I ever get the male in focus.

I was taught that the best way to photograph hummers was to use a
smaller aperture and light them with flash. Otherwise, another option
is to have the feeder placed in direct sunlight combined with plenty
of fill. I never succeeded in getting any decent shots, but that was
more due to the lack of quality lenses in the needed focal lengths.

I'd say, though, that you're continuing to whack us over the head as
you're the one actually using pushing the limits on cameras these
days.

AG