[OM] Photogeek-chic

Subject: [OM] Photogeek-chic
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 10:19:49 +1000
It was my 41st birthday a couple of days ago (an achievment which I
still feel fraudulent and unqualified for as much as I did at 40), and
The Loved One has engaged in a deception that surprised me, buying me,
amongst other things, unexpected photography-related "trinkets"
("trinkets" in that they're less about gear thanthe pleasure
photography brings me). Anyway, I thought you might like to see them,
such as:

The lens cup
http://flic.kr/p/a3evm6

The F-stop watch
http://flic.kr/p/a3hnCw
(FWIW, I also got plain, old everyday geek-chic, in the form of a
Casio Data Bank watch)

The Minox mini-Leica (and Eye-Fi card)
http://flic.kr/p/a3hnMs

and, of course, the t-shirt
http://flic.kr/p/a3evZ8

I was quite pleased, did a little jig, clapped my hands...all that
stuff that confirms how eminently unqualified I am for my age (and
possibly how rigorously I attend to not trying ;) ).

Photography is something that generally makes me happy and (perhaps
ironically) gives me a sense of being part of reality when...well,
let's just say I struggle achieving those particular notions most
times [insert wry smile]. That The Loved One attended to that, so
thoroughly deceived me in my usual attempts to get him to reveal in
advance his intents (the tricky bugger even had me convinced he'd
never heard of the photojojo website), and gave me things so
unexpected and apt...well, materialism aside, it is nice to be wanted
(and nice to be reminded of what makes one happy).

I also got a couple of books, a Magic Trackpad, and a set of Sgt.
Peppers matryoshka dolls (it's all there in the Flickr stream,
including the lunch ;) ).

I'm assuming you care about the photo stuff though. And if you don't,
you know where the delete button is.

Cheers,
Marc
http://www.parknmeter.com