Re: [OM] Mosquito Science and Metaphysics [was Totally OT - Tick Removal

Subject: Re: [OM] Mosquito Science and Metaphysics [was Totally OT - Tick Removal]
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 08:46:59 +1000
There is some evidence that mossies are attracted to light clothing, especially
things like white and bright blue. That's why park rangers wear dull greens and
khaki.  I have experienced horse flies (March flies) going for my white socks.
Haven't made that mistake again. Obviously your skin really is pale - mossies
here wouldn't be so polite as to wait until you stripped off and the march
flies can go through loose fabrics.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx