Re: [OM] EP-3

Subject: Re: [OM] EP-3
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 09:22:17 +1000
Handled all three in Sydney yesterday - and the 12mm and a dummy of the 45mm.
They all have the same sensor - Olympus says it's differentiating models by
'lifestyle' choices, not capability - I have to listen to that sort of tosh
from PR types all the time!
I got to speak to Oly's chief engineer (!) who was out here for the launch -
mentioned that I'd like a cable for the finder but...
Several journo's at the launch actually own EP-2's so it was a a bit of a
bunfight.
The EP-3 is slightly larger and lighter. The touch screen allows adjustments by
pulling sliders up and down.
The 12mm and 45mm are very pretty. I had the Contax Zeiss 45mm Planar on my EP
so I was being a bit prescient.
They were cagey but indicated that pricing would be 'very competitive' with
Panasonic lenses.
Everything was preproduction so we weren't allowed th sneak in our own memory
cards.
The ad campaign centres around ideas like 'if your next camera also sends text
messages, then you haven't got a clue.'
Very in your face stuff for OLY - quite a departure.
They may have finally got it right
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx