Re: [OM] eliminating Newton rings from film scans

Subject: Re: [OM] eliminating Newton rings from film scans
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 19:11:26 -0300
I would definitely not want to expose either side of my colour negs or
slides to mineral oil !

Keeping the surface of the neg above the bottom glass plate of the holder by
using a very thin mask has resolved the Newton ring problem entirely. That
after about six scans of 6cm x 7cm colour Fuji negs and not one ring
anywhere to be seen.

jh