[OM] (OM) Moon eclipse and E- body frustration

Subject: [OM] (OM) Moon eclipse and E- body frustration
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 07:35:24 +1200
I happened to wake up about the time (6 am) that the moon eclipse was to
get under way.

The previous night I fitted my sharp 85-250 Zuiko lens to the E-3, thinking
that I'd be able to find manual control in the morning or whenever.

What an exercise in frustration !!  There probably IS a control somewhere in
there, but it's not at all obvious.
After 10 minutes I gave up and clipped the lens to the E-510.

Rotary mode selector on top. Click click, set speed on display, set aperture
and focus on lens, and in business within about 10 seconds.

Why didn't Olympus make it that simple for the E-3?

Brian Swale.