Re: [OM] Repairs for E-510?

Subject: Re: [OM] Repairs for E-510?
From: Steve & Alicia Goss <dallasgossfamily@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 19:27:38 -0500
Jeff, Sandy-
Yes, i think you're both on the right track.
It's not low voltage though, I had two battery packs and the camera works the
same with either one, even right after a charge.

The last two weekends I had it with me on campouts where we went kayaking. I do
have a waterproof bag for the camera, (Dicapac WP-S10) but one time I noticed
that I was getting some condensation on the inside. I went back to the shore,
took the camera out and let everything dry in the sun, but since that Dicapac
is mostly black, I'm sure it was a sauna inside that bag for a while.

Gotta be more careful about keeping the inside of that bag dry.

Thanks, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa

I would bet Sandy is on the right track. Low voltage or humidity are the two
main problems with electronics. In addition to checking the battery, check
that the contacts are clean.

Generally no cure for moisture. It is most often a one way path to complete
electronics death.

Jeff